Furlonger Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions and agreements between Furlonger Tree Services and its clients.
1. Contractor: Furlonger Tree Services, representing all staff directly or indirectly employed by the company
2. Client: person commissioning specified works, unless it has been clearly stated that he/she acts on behalf of a third party
3. Quotation: written specification of the works as discussed on site and sent to the client
4. Works: refers to tree surgery, arboricultural advice and liaison with local authorities
5. Contract: agreement between FTS and a client in which the client requires FTS to undertake certain specified works and FTS agrees to do this for a given remuneration
6. All quotations and cost estimates are without obligation
7. All quotations are inclusive of VAT
8. Quotations are valid for six weeks (unless agreed otherwise) from their date of issue, after which time the contractor is entitled to draw up a new quotation/amend costs
Entering into an agreement, execution of commission
9. The contract takes effect on acceptance by the client, either verbally or in writing, of the quotation submitted by the contractor
10. The contractor commits itself to executing the works to the best of its ability, thereby employing sound professional knowledge, skills and experience, with due regard to the client’s requirements and in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards
11. The contractor shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the worksite is left clean, tidy and safe on completion of all works
Alteration/withdrawal/end of contract
12. Scheduled works should be cancelled by the client on a 24 hours’ notice basis
13. Costs of any additional works requested by the client falling outside of the original quotation will be specified in an additional quotation
14. The contractor reserves the right to delay or cancel works that: (a) are deemed a potential hazard (b) are affected by inclement/dangerous weather (c) interfere with the safe retention of wildlife habitats (d) are compromised by unforeseen circumstances
15. In the event of a contract being withdrawn by the client after works have commenced, he/she will pay the contractor costs up until point of cancellation.
16. In the event of a force majeure, including all exterior causes (foreseen or unforeseen) over which the contractor has no influence and which prevents it from meeting its obligations, the parties will agree to either suspend or annul the contract
17. The contractor is responsible solely for damage that is the direct and demonstrable result of a shortcoming for which the contractor can be held accountable
18. The client is responsible for informing neighbours in the event where works need to be carried out on their tree and which necessitates access to their property
19. The client is bound to indemnify the contractor from any claims from third parties arising after completion of the works
20. The contract price takes into account factors such as site conditions and arrangements with local authorities regarding the safeguarding of the area and manpower required
21. Invoices should be paid on completion of works, unless agreed otherwise. Payment is required on satisfactory completion; if an invoice is unpaid after 30 days then interest of 8% over bank rate applies to business debts and 2% for consumer transactions.
Legal system applicable
22. The law of the United Kingdom applies to all legally binding transactions between the client and the contractor
Get in touch.
Proprieter: Tom Furlonger
Trading Address: Headley Heath Approach. Boxhill, Surrey, KT20 7LL