Tree Surgeon Ashtead, Surrey
- Controlled Tree Felling (Tree removal)
- Sectional Dismantling (Tree removal in confined spaces)
- Crown Reductions (Reduction in height or spread)
- Crown Lifting (Removing lowest branches)
- Crown Thinning (Allowing light through)
- Deadwood Removal (Removal of dead branches)
- Pollarding (Hard pruning)
- Branch & Limb Removal (Removal of specific branches)
- Stump Grinding (Stump removal)
- Hedge Trimming & Maintenance (Pruning and maintaining hedges)
- Coppicing (Cutting young stems to near ground level)
- Tree Reports (Tree reports & surveys)
Trees bring elegance and a variety of benefits to an environment; they can turn a drab and dreary neighborhood into something invigorating and lively which is why it can be difficult to remove them. But a dead or decaying tree is a disaster waiting to happen, such dangerous trees can cause hundreds to thousands of pounds in damage while also posing the danger of injury for anyone nearby.
When is it time to Remove your Tree?
You are bound to keep an eye on the health of your trees because, as the owner, you are liable if any injury or accident takes place due to a tree that should have been removed.
Although you can go for tree removal at any given time, here are some sure signs to look out for that mean it is officially time to say goodbye to your tree.
- Look for any signs of an infection such as cracks in the tree’s bark, soft crumbly wood, malformed or oddly coloured leaves, crown dieback, and the presence of fungi are strong indications that your tree is infected.
- It is a serious safety hazard if there are large, decaying, or dead branches visible in the crown of the tree, as they may fall for no reason and can cause an accident. Although you can go for dead tree removal services in this case, if more than half the tree is dead or damaged it’s better to go for removing it entirely.
- Look for defected roots, although difficult to spot, common signs include heaving soil and the growth of fungi near the base of a tree
- If a third of a tree is decayed and has a hollow trunk then it should be removed for safety reasons.
Dangers in removing trees without professional assistance
Maintaining or removing a tree can be dangerous if you lack the proper equipment and training. You need a variety of tools such as an axe, rope, wedges, ladder, and a chainsaw and full knowledge and experience in handling them to be able to perform the task safely and efficiently. Removing trees requires the expertise and skills of a tree care professional as it is a risky business, so tree owners should always ask for the assistance of specialists.
Services we offer
Our team has qualified and expert individuals that can offer a variety of services for tree owners in Effingham so they can stay on top of their tree maintenance and upkeep, here are some of them below
- Tree limb and branch removal
- Controlled tree felling
- Crown lifting, thinning, or reduction
- Deadwood removal
- Sectional dismantling
- Stump removal
If you’ve got a problem related to trees then Furlonger Tree Services is who you need to call, we even offer hedge trimming and maintenance services.
With 20 years in the business, Furlonger Tree Services is your go-to company for any tree removal or maintenance services. We are professionals that guarantee the best quality work and are the most cost-effective option for any tree owners in Effingham.
Get in touch.
Proprieter: Tom Furlonger
Trading Address: Headley Heath Approach. Boxhill, Surrey, KT20 7LL
We accept all forms of payment
i.e Debit cards, Credit cards, cheques and BACS.